Profits and Purpose

Friday, August 27, 2004

"For Profit" Social Entrepreneurs

One of the most inspirational business articles I have ever read can be found using the following link: Fast Company | Social Capitalists. In this article, author Cheryl Dahle reports on 20 businesses that are indeed changing the world. That these owners of "for profit" enterprises have, as their central purpose, an overriding mission to serve others in a very meaningful way awakened me to my true calling: drawing on my talents and abilities as an attorney, an entrepreneur, a professor of business ethics, and a meeting facilitator, in order to help these business owners thrive. That is what my mission is all about, and that is what this blog is all about. I welcome your ideas, critiques, articles, and links to useful information on this topic. It is my desire that this type of business become more and more a part of the mainstream economy. If so, our lives and our world will be much the better for it.